~Welcome to my personal story as a first time wife and stepmom. I use this space to share real life happenings in a blended family, funny stories, my personal frustrations, failures, and occasional victories as I journey through this life with two beautiful and challenging stepdaughters. Thanks for reading, and I hope you find something to help you have a better day!~

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Not feelin' the love...

This week I feel like a live-in maid/nanny. It hurts because I try so hard to be more. But I'm not. I need to be a wife and that's all.

5 comments:

  1. When we are wives first we win the battle we place on ourselves. Hang in there, we all have your back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will feel much better just focusing on being a good support to your husband than trying to do so much for the kids and the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was a rough afternoon, but we'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you Kristi. It's especially hard when you are doing all of these that you don't HAVE to do but you do them because you love your husband and step kids. Then when they complain that you don't do enough, it gets old... fast. I tell myself they forget about what I do in the background because I'm so good at it that it doesn't seem like such a chore (wink).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lauren! Sometimes it feels like a no-win game. Then something little happens that reminds me "These girls DO love me and they want me to be happy"! Those are the moments that keep me going. 😊

    ReplyDelete